Your Private Wealth Advisor will craft detailed, comprehensive strategies based on a wide variety of considerations, including your timeline, risk threshold, tax situation, personal values, portfolio objectives, income sources and current holdings. He or she will also work closely with you to help select from among the best investment strategies in the world, either inside or outside the firm, relying on the same rigorous quantitative and qualitative processes used for Merrill Lynch's top institutional clients. And your Private Wealth Advisor will continually monitor and review your portfolio's performance to help determine if you're on track to achieve your life, wealth and legacy objectives.
Throughout the process, your Private Wealth Advisor will be drawing on the renowned capabilities of BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research, capitalizing on our global scale to stay abreast of changing market conditions. Your portfolio may include traditional as well as alternative investments, some of which are available exclusively to Private Banking and Investment Group clients. The result is a dynamic investment portfolio that is timely and timeless — reflective of the daily conditions of the marketplace, yet grounded in sound market fundamentals.
- What's Next for China
- After an eventful few months, the world's second-largest economy has perhaps never seemed more perplexing from the outside looking in. Here, we take you inside to help you manage the investment risk and capture the potential opportunities ahead.
Read the Viewpoint
- Examining Emerging Market Debt
- In this upside-down world, it's the fixed income of the former Asian Cub and South American Debt Crisis economies that may provide an attractive — and prudent — alternative to the growing restlessness over the traditional bond market. This primer can help you determine how best to gain exposure. Read the Whitepaper
- Your Guide to a Successful Exit
- With the dollar showing signs of reversing a decade-long decline, more investors may need to consider the corrosive effects of currency fluctuations — and the importance of a good hedge. Read More
- Back to the Land
- Direct ownership of farms and forests can offer the rare opportunity to protect against inflation and provide more income — all while you literally watch your assets grow. Read the Viewpoint
Diversification, asset allocation and rebalancing do not assure a profit or protect against loss. Rebalancing may trigger a tax event.
Any information presented about tax considerations affecting client financial transactions or arrangements is not intended as tax advice and should not be relied upon for the purpose of avoiding any tax penalties. Neither Merrill Lynch nor its financial advisors provide tax, accounting or legal advice. Clients should review any planned financial transactions or arrangements that may have tax, accounting or legal implications with their personal professional advisors.